Friday, November 9, 2007

A Time To Laugh

Coming back to the blog feels good. I enjoy writing mainly because you can express yourself, and tell fun stories. I was reading somethings that made me laugh just before signing on. A few Tummy Ticklers for you to enjoy:

-Barbara remains in the hospital. She is having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack's sermons.

-The choir will meet at the Larsen house for fun and sinning.

-The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on Water." The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."

-Next Thursday will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.

-The cost for attending the Fasting Prayer conference includes meals.

-Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It is a good chance to get rid of things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands!

I have gotten back on my spiritual journey, and it feels so good. I just got back into the swing of it this week. After just doing three days of it I feel I have a better attitude. God knows just how to speak to me when I am in prayer that he makes himself so real to me. I just felt that I needed to do as God comands us, and that is to follow him and continually pray.

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

My sister and brother in-law have inspired me to learn more about the word and work of God. I felt compelled to get back on my horse and ride until he comes back. (No I am not borrowing Clayton and Carter's rocking horse.) I had been feeling so angry, and have been mulling over conversations that I want to have, that it was changing my heart. So instead of taking it the the mattresses,( that's a Godfather quote) I decided to take it to the Lord. God has helped my hard heart and is giving me guidance in my thoughts instead of doing it alone. Thank You for that.

The man in the polo on Sunday really suprised me, and I know it probably shocked you Misty. He looked good. Like a coach. Like the best coach in the NFL? Well Bill lead his team to the 9-0 mark past the Super Bowl Champs, and I don't believe that there was any cheating. So to you my NAY saying family, you smell like soot and pooh. Don't doubt the power of the PATRIOTS. Man, that sounds cool. The soot and pooh part, I mean. Well my boys got up a minute ago and now I am headed off to work. Thank you for reading and Keep on Laughing.

2 comments:

Saxboy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
(that's me laughing by the way)

great stuff again.

at first I had to double check to see if i was reading your blog or someone else's. my little bro sounds like a preacher. it is SO AWESOME to see God at work in our lives and the lives of our family members. lately i have been so encouraged by you and Valerie.
my prayers that i have been praying for years are being answered and it is AWESOME to see God moving!!!!!!

love you and keep me laughing
patrick


ps the pats are cheaters, but they are a good team in spite of their faults.

Misty said...

Dude did look much better in the polo. That's the first thing I noticed. I could almost begin to respect the man. The Pats are a good team, but the problem is that they act too much like they are good team. They need a dose of humility. I thought the Colts could hand it out, but they failed.

By the way, I don't smell like soot and pooh! How hateful!

I agree with Patrick about the answered prayers! All of you are inspiring me to get back into my daily walk with God!!

Thanks for sharing your stories!
Misty