Saturday, November 10, 2007

Watch your Words!


Squeeze a sponge and what come out? It's what's inside! When situations arise our hearts and lives react through our mouths. "Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." To be honest, it's pretty discouraging to look at my words as a thermometer of my heart. A lot of things that come out of my mouth is made to impress people, to make a subtle jab at somebody for offending me-or just to be different.

"But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.'" (Matthew 15:18)

Most of the times I say things to be funny, and I never think that it could be hurting someone. Also as a christian, I should not act as an evil messenger. Out of the same mouth that I praise GOD, and curse. Not using curse as bad language, but saying things that may degrade someone or bring laughter at someone elses expense. Our stability comes through a daily walk with GOD. Ask him to purify you.

Now as a parent we really have to watch what we say, and GOD makes that evident to me. Clayton is just like a sponge, and will repeat everything. Not that we say bad things, but I don't want my 2 year old walking around saying things I can concieve as bad. When we speak to each other you can see Clayton stop what he is doing and focus on our conversation. He is so curious and wants to learn so much. That is a blessing, but I scares me at the same time. I want him to grow up better than I did. I wasn't that bad of a kid, just not living as GOD commands us. I am making it a point to give my family a good life, by being a good role model, and a GOD fearing man.

Thank you for your intentness and Keep On Laughing!!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

What a great picture of the very handsome Clayton!!! He is so cute!
The post is also great!