Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Lord blessed me with a good day!



Well to start it off our Red Sox won the World Series on Sunday evening, and this next Sunday is the Super Bowl. You guessed it our New England Patriots take on the Colts of Indy. GO PATS!!! That is for you Misty.

I need to get something off my chest, and let you know how wonderful my wife is. I came home from Rockin the OB last night and noticed she had shined the sink, folded laundry, and took care of a mountain in the closet. She did all of that while taking care of "Spike" (our new dog), Clayton, and Carter. I am amazed how she can get so much done, and still take care of all of the others. Thank you for all you do Jennifer and I love you so much my words can't even express what you mean to me. Clayton and Carter are so lucky to have such a good mommy, that takes care of them. You do some of the coolest things with them, that will make a lasting impression in their lives. You are so awesome!!

Now as I fight back the tears I will press on to the rest of the day. So I went in this morning to Rock the OB again, and had so little time to get things done before I left for an event at a local elementary school. The event was for me to go to Deer Creek Elementary and reward each student for participating in a Pumpkin Decorating Contest. We judged 55 pumpkins and determined a winner for each grade level K-5, in which the winner recieved a free Bloomin' Onion from OB. Each student that participated was treated to OB's Blue Bell Hot Fudge Sundaes and a Joey Card that entitled each student to visit OB and dine for free. The students were so excited, that they just made my day. Each pumpkin then returned back to OB where it is now on display for the next few days. Before I left the restaurant one of my staff members said that someone wanted to speak with me. I went out to greet this person and it was one of the students from that afternoon giving me a huge hug. Mr. Golman was forced to bring the whole family to OB to see the pumpkin, meet the nice man who made her day, and enjoy the best food in the world.(that was Erin's words not mine) Erin Golman made me feel even better about doing the event, that next year I want to do the same to make each student feel special.

I then came home to an anxious Clayton ready to head to church for the Fall Festival. The picture that you see above is "Spike" (Clayton) as ready as ever to go have some fun. We had never been to the Fall Festival, and were not sure what to expect. We entered the Gym and found a ton of activities to do and plenty of food to eat. Off we went to the Preschool area and let Clayton have some fun. He was able to bob for ducks, draw, toss rings, hunt for treasure, and fish. Basically just wanting the candy, he played the games anyway. Clayton won a cake in the Cake Walk, and then went on to win a walrus in the Noah Ark Walk. He really seemed to have fun. We then drove to the Community Center found more candy in the trunk-or-treat, and went to the library for story time. After all of this we came how and decided to have some of Clayton's prize winning cake.

So in a very large nut shell, that was the day that the Lord Blessed me with. I felt like the luckiest guy on earth today, due to making many children feel special. This will now conclude this installment, and be ready for the Lord to bless you. Keep on laughing!!

2 comments:

Misty said...

Go Colts!!!! Your Pats are cheaters and you know it!!!! And their coach is a slob.

Clayton looks so cute in his costume. Glad your day was so wonderful! Great post!

Saxboy said...

Good to see you bloggin again!!

I knew you'd be happy about the sox, but the pats are going down on Sun.

love the pic of clayton at first i thought you guys got a dog!

love ya
patrick