Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fist full of Firsts!










After about a one year break from the blog scene I am returning in hopes of keeping everyone up to date with the Faircloth tribe. Well as the picture states it was my little girl Kiley's 1st birthday on Friday the 24th, in which we took her to the Zoo in celebration of her. Then that evening with my dad's tools, I made Kiley the best ladybug cake that I could. Well I had so much fun that I couldn't just make one, so I made a total of six. The big one was for everyone to enjoy, then I made baby ladybugs so we would make sure to have enough, plus Kiley needed her own. Beings it was my first attempt at decorating a cake I had my dad on hand to oversee the project. My understanding was that it was going to be a joint effort, but it didn't turn out that way. He kind of just stood back and let me do my own thing, which was making me nervous, but it was good to have him on hand to get his opinion on a few things. I had a great time learning this new thing and can't wait to do another one, which will be in about a month or so.


We had Kiley's celebration on Saturday, in which we had a really good time. She got somethings I didn't know still existed, like Care Bears and Glow Worms. It is amazing that things are popular again after all these years. Everything that she recieved has been inspected and rigorously tested to be sure it will meet her standards, just leave it up to her brothers and they will make sure. The boys were very helpful in opening the gifts and being patient while she looked at for a minute before they got to see all she had gotten. We then moved to the cake, in which I was suprised she didn't make a bigger mess than what she did. All she did was eat the icing and that was about it. She was so cautious in eating it, and she didn't like her hands dirty. We then swept her up and took her to the sink for clean-up. We all had a great time and loved getting to spend time in honor of her celebration. Still can't believe she is already 1.
Well that will conclude this post, and I can't wait to get on here again to share the events taking place within our wonderful family. Until next time, Keep on Laughing.

No comments: